Saturday, September 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Daddy

Here we are, me & my Daddy, almost 51 years ago, with the old silver painted Christmas tree. My first word was "pretty", whispered, & pointing at that tree. I was 7 months old.
I think I was 3 at the time of this 2nd photo. Mom had a little party for Dad's birthday, & his friends were all teasing & having fun, telling him how he was getting old. I remember distinctly wanting to protect him from thier taunts. He's my Daddy & I love him!
Yep, I guess I'm a Daddy's girl.
I miss you Dad, & I love you. Happy 86th! Wish I were there with you!

3 comments:

jenclair said...

Great pictures, Deb. Once a Daddy's girl, always a Daddy's girl!

And I love your "library ladder" -- couldn't find a way to comment on that post, but it really does look great.

Deb Geyer said...

Happy Birthday!

Michelle Auer said...

Happy B-day grampa!