Monday, September 11, 2006

A few more Pictures from the quilt show



Doesn't Rosemary look nice in that blouse with that quilt in front of her. I thought she must've planned the match, but she swears she didn't. I sat right across from her, for most of the 2 days of the show. She was at the Comfort Quilts Table. We give about 100 of those, & 150 of small quilts with stuffed animals away every year.
I spent most of my time at the Calendar Girls table answering lots of questions. I was a little hoarse by the end of the 1st day.


I'm not sure of the maker's name on the quilt above, I just thought it was nice.
Below is 'Three Muses in a Garden' by Keenan Powell.


The raven is by one of my students, Libby Ballard. Libby has taken flight since her first class with me, & now has her own pattern line. Her work is wonderful too.

George Taylor is our 1 male member of ALCQ. His work is supurb. He's modeling a shirt he made for himself here.

This is the back of my sister-friend Carol Wight Jones' vest. I thought I took a picture of the front but don't seem to have it. Her work is always great, & has been on the cover of Quilter's Newsletter with at least 1 of her quilts.

4 comments:

allie aller said...

I love seeing these quilt show pics...makes me feel like I was there.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was no accident that your friend had the same colors as the quilt. I have the same stash as my clothes closet and my house. Why mess with a good thing?? LOL!

Michelle Auer said...

I like the muses!

Sandra said...

Very nice photos. I especially like the one by your student. It is very striking.