Monday, September 11, 2006

A few more Pictures from the quilt show



Doesn't Rosemary look nice in that blouse with that quilt in front of her. I thought she must've planned the match, but she swears she didn't. I sat right across from her, for most of the 2 days of the show. She was at the Comfort Quilts Table. We give about 100 of those, & 150 of small quilts with stuffed animals away every year.
I spent most of my time at the Calendar Girls table answering lots of questions. I was a little hoarse by the end of the 1st day.


I'm not sure of the maker's name on the quilt above, I just thought it was nice.
Below is 'Three Muses in a Garden' by Keenan Powell.


The raven is by one of my students, Libby Ballard. Libby has taken flight since her first class with me, & now has her own pattern line. Her work is wonderful too.

George Taylor is our 1 male member of ALCQ. His work is supurb. He's modeling a shirt he made for himself here.

This is the back of my sister-friend Carol Wight Jones' vest. I thought I took a picture of the front but don't seem to have it. Her work is always great, & has been on the cover of Quilter's Newsletter with at least 1 of her quilts.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love seeing these quilt show pics...makes me feel like I was there.

debraspincic said...

I'm sure it was no accident that your friend had the same colors as the quilt. I have the same stash as my clothes closet and my house. Why mess with a good thing?? LOL!

MJAPA said...

I like the muses!

Sande said...

Very nice photos. I especially like the one by your student. It is very striking.

Quilty Nurse said...

Thanks for posting those quilt show pics, always great to see what others are doing in quiltland. I love the Raven Steals the Light quilt!