Thursday, September 07, 2006

Weekend Warriors



Starting with the fiber portion of today's blog, is an ATC that I received from SueB. It's a beautiful foiled on tissue paper & stitched around the edges card. Thanks Sue, I love it!

This past weekend we played the Weekend Warrior game, working on the kitchen. We finished it only enough to move in last winter, & still have a lot to do in this room. This weekend we worked on putting rock on the wall behind the place where my antique stove will eventually go, once the construction in this area is finished.
So this is how the wall looked before we started......

Here's Warren, mixing the cement in the "cement mixing pan", which I said "looks just like a litter box to me" (& later Broc proved my point when he used it! When it was setting in the kitchen with the dry mix in it)...(note the pathetic flower boxes under the window. I never thought to ask anyone to water them while wewere in Seattle, so the only one that survived was the plant on the corner out from under the eaves).

Here's the wall prior to starting....

Here it is after the first day (my low back was killing me after setting on the floor & working at this for just a couple of hours).

The 2nd day we got into a rhythm, & finished the rest of the wall in about 1 1/2 hrs.

Everything back in it's place. We still need to build a shelf at the top of the rocks, & box in the vent, & finish that with paint & mosaics, then we'll get my antique cook stove in the house. I hope we can get it done before winter, so I can bake homemade bread in my old stove again. I love that stove.

6 comments:

Melodie said...

Cool! I love the wall!

Rian said...

Wow, that is really cool! You did that yourselves, I am mightily impressed.

I can't wait to see your antique stove in place.

allie aller said...

Looks really great. Those rocks will hold that heat too, how cozy!

Sarah said...

Great job! When are available to swing by my place?!

Kay said...

This is going to be so charming. Congratulations on the hard work successfully completed.

I like your quilt on Quilt Studio also. The way the realistic leaves contrast with the pieced leaves makes an interesting piece.

jackie said...

It looks like really hard work, but I can almost smell that fresh bread!