Saturday, September 23, 2006

Termination Dust & Sept. Journal Quilt

Here is my September Journal Quilt. I used Lutradur (which I painted) for the backing, then layered on a piece of my rust dyed fabric, followed by a crinckled layer of tissue paper, which I had used to mop up some of my fabric paints, topped with a layer of antique gold Tulle, then layered on burned strips of lame' fabric, & leaves made from painted dryer sheets. The edge is a chenille-like thing with wire in it's middle.
It rained all day yesterday, until the evening. When the clouds lifted a bit, there was Termination Dust on the mountain tops behind us! I was happy to see it! I love this time of year, the colors, the smells, the cool fresh air. Fires in the wood stove, & cozying down at home. I spent the whole day cleaning up my studio space, so now today I'm going to go & start messing it up again! & hope & pray I don't get interrupted by getting called into work! It's a shame we have to work for money, isn't it?

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Your Sept. journal piece looks great. I like the mix of autumn colors with the greens. And such a variety of techniques!
Never heard of that white stuff being called Termination Dust before...

laura west kong said...

How beautiful! The colors are a perfect match with the photograph below.

Rian said...

You.Are.Amazing. I think this is the best one yet. Don't you?

Thanks for sharing your feelings about the season. For a person who lives in a land without real seasons, it is wonderful to get a sense of the impending winter. And you paint quite a vivid picture of what it feels like from the inside out.

Termination Dust? Tell me more.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. This is a beautiful piece. You've done a beautiful job of combining the different materials. Just beautiful.

Kay said...

I agree with Rian that this may be the best. I was stunned when I saw it--the mixture of colors and textures is breathtaking.

Emmy said...

I agree whit the others it is very beautiful

jenclair said...

I love this one, Deb.

Shelina said...

The journal looks great - very fall like and appropriate for the month. Are your journal quilts going to be up on display?
What is Termination Dust?

Ali Honey said...

Great Journal cover Debs.
I would have thought as it is getting colder there that would have been called something like First Flakes??? ( can you explain why Termination Dust ? )

Pam said...

Great Fall Journal! I love the they way you open my mind to new techniques w each piece you make. Thank-you _ PP

Deb Geyer said...

Very nice, Deb. I like the colors and textures. And what a variety of techniques!