Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm Back On

My Web page is back on line. Apparently all it was, was my credit card needed to be updated. Duhhh!

I'm completely hooked on the Design Star Challenge. I loved David's designs. I WANT DAVID TO WIN!!!! Please go vote for him!

Yesterday I started a new Reverse-A-Purse, & finished it today. Eventually it'll probably go to my DDIL, as I made it with her in mind, but for now it will go to Coupville Arts, to be one of my samples for the classes I'll be teaching there next April 29th - May 2nd. So if you want to take my my class, you can come to Whidbey Island & play with me, then the following week, I'm going to stay, & take Rayna Gillman's class. Wanna come too?




The purse actually encompasses all 3 classes I'll be teaching. The Threadpainting class will teach you how to make the flower on the purple side. I pieced this side, & used all commercial prints, except for my hand painted silk sheer, that I layered over the wild print, to tone it down a bit. The print is a challenge fabric from my Calendar Girls group. We were given a fat quarter & told to "do what ever we want with it", so this is what I did.

The strap was made with my thread play technique too.















The reverse side is a more casual, daytime look, with a little ocean wave print, which is perfect for my surfer girl DDIL.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bags! But I still can't seem to get your website to come up.

Deb Hardman said...

This is just 1 bag. It's REVERSIBLE!
The web page is back now.

jenclair said...

The purse is gorgeous! Love the reversible aspect and the stitching.

I'd so love to get to Whidbey Island and join the fun in Rayna's class! Checking my calandar... :)

allie aller said...

Another gorgeous purse...enjoyed your site very much, too!

Emmy said...

A wonderful bag i see now it is just one good job

Micki said...

This is a great purse, Deb.

Helen said...

oh Deb it's a gorgeous piece. off to find this web site of yours now :)

Shirley Goodwin said...

Your blog fell off my bookmarks list when my computer crashed - but now i've found you again! Love the reversible purse.

Rian said...

Sweet little bag. I love it. I visited the HGTV site--David is a doll! Woof!

Wish I could join you and Rayna. Wish I could take your class. I'll [sigh] just have to wait for the book to come out.

Karoda said...

You and Rayna behave yourselves, but if you can't, at least have lots of fun ;0

Kay said...

I love this bag, as I have all the ones you've posted.