Sunday, September 24, 2006

Termination Dust The Definition


This little quilt was my very first Batik. It's heavily quilted in Glow in the dark threads, so you still see the picture when the lights are turned out.
I Can't seem to find the photo of my large quilt named 'Termination Dust', eventually I'll find it & get it posted, but several have asked what I mean by "Termination Dust". It's what people in Alaska call that first snow that dusts the mountain tops 'terminating' the seasons without snow. They say we only have 2 seasons here, winter & road construction, so I guess it means that the snow is the beginning of the end of road construction.

8 comments:

Melodie said...

OOoooo! I like it! I don't think I've ever seen that one.
Chris has new picts of Gage up.....he is a doll!

Helen said...

your first!! this is lovely Deb... really makes me feel like back in the woods in the northern lakes (canada) where we had a cottage when i was growing up.- i bet glow in the dark is fun.

jenclair said...

Beautiful! Love this one and would like to see it with the lights out. Pretty cool.

Only two seasons, huh?

Rian said...

This is beautiful! No, it is beyond that--it is etherial somehow. I want to see it up close and personal someday.

Shelina said...

I would never have thought of that. I like the phrase though - will have to use it around here too.

Emmy said...

so wonderful love to see the glow in the dark

Micki said...

Another great little piece. I bet it looks lovely in the dark.

Sandra said...

Beautiful quilt! I like the effect of looking through the window and the colors are gorgeous.