Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday




I feel blah today. I've had a sore throat for 3 days, & something going on in my chest for 2. Dry hacky cough with occaisional loose rattles.

I'm posting a view of the road from the end of our driveway. Trees are still bare, but will soon turn green. We live at about 1800ft above sea level, & it is 0.8 mile from our drive to the road at the bottom of our hill. It's a steep grade & we've had some great sleding parties sliding down this hill. I've also had some really frightening moments driving on icey days! We've only ended up in the ditch, smashed into a neighbor's car once. That was a lovely spring day that froze in the evening, & nobody was making it up the hill. None of us could believe it. One guy was in the ditch on the corner (a lawyer, who specializes in car accident claims). His car was hit 5 times that evening! We ended up parking down the hill & hiking home all the neighbors together, laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation.

The actual horizon line here, is above the tops of the tallest trees in the foreground. You're looking at the mist of the Cook Inlet in the distance, & there are big white mountains beyond that just don't show up.

I bought some Dream Cotton queen size batting today, that I'm going to try to dye to use for my design wall. I also got some more Angelina fibers (just because I get the teacher discount at the quilt shop now, I figured I needed them!) I also went to the Black Elk Leather & Beads Shop to buy feathers for the Sculpin mask quilt, & of course I had to buy some beads. I got a few black & gold vintage beads that would be nice for one of my Good Time girl dolls, & a couple of pretty buttons that will probably end up on a purse.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Nice color Bee! Where is the design wall going? I forget.
Try a saline nasal spray for that dry hacky cough. It works wonders!
Gotta go close on my house. Talk to you soon! Love, Em