Monday, May 22, 2006

Latest Reverse-a-Purse

Here's my lateset Reverse-A-Purse. Just finished yesterday. The feather print is a piece of vintage silk I got from my favorite ebay seller Pilgrimhands. On the eye of the feather, I did a circle of thread painting, & placed a Shisha mirror. The purple triangle is a bit of cotton Baitk, but the body on this side is a crinkled black silk, making it an elegant little evening bag.
The reverse is my hand dyed cotton, with a cotton varigated thread, & a lovely iridescent glass button, that this photo doesn't do justice to. This side is good for casual wear.
Detail of the Shisha mirror.

9 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Ooooh this is lovely, Deb!

Rian said...

Oh, Deb, how absolutely gorgeous. Took my breath away. You are incredible!

Sandra said...

Beautiful! Both sides are stunning.

Joyce said...

I just love it. When is your book coming out?

allie aller said...

Gorgeous! I can't figure out how the purse reverses...are you selling patterns?

Elle said...

Oh wow that's pretty!!!

Michelle Auer said...

This is pretty fab as well!
hey, I FINALLY got that package in the mail with both your M-day and your birthday goodies! Any big birthday plans?

Loves to you!

BLP said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

Nice work, looks good. Maybe I'll have to try making one for Laura.

Brandon

Kat said...

Wow Deb, I love what you have done with the bag.