Friday, May 12, 2006

New Design wall is up.




Broccoli is holding down the Barn quilt for me, so I don't lose it again (it's a long story).

I am posting a picture here of my new design wall, made from Quilter's Dream Cotton Batting, that I hand dyed using a mix of leftover dyes plus all the black that I had on hand. It turned out looking more of a federal gray-blue, but will do for now. The things hanging on it are for illustration purposes only right now. I just grabbed what was handy to see how well things stick to it. Even the green lame' fabric stays fairly well.

3 comments:

Melodie said...

Where did you get those blocks Bee? I can't imagine you putting those together!

Granny Fran said...

I like the color of your design wall. Not as harsh as the white flannel. Glad to hear your take on Hoot; been wanting to see it since I heard that it had Burrowing Owls and Jimmy Buffet; I am a birdwatcher and somewhat of a Parrot Head [guess those things kind of go together.] It's showing in our new movie theatre complex but with our current family concerns haven't been able to manage it.

laura west kong said...

That color is great! I'd never thought of using a color before, although I suppose some would call it a neutral.

I'd never thought of dying batting. I will keep that idea in the back of my head for future use. It would be interesting to do one of those quilt-as-you-go flannel things with the raggy edges and use the batting to show through in place of layers and layers of flannel.