Thursday, May 18, 2006

Reverse-a-Purse Class

This evening I taurght my Reverse-a-Purse class, & had 2 exceptional students, Kathryn & her cousin Sarah. Kathryn chose to do the Envelope style purse, & did more complicated quilting, so didn't quite get finished in the time alloted.
Sarah chose the Messenger Style purse, & managed full speed ahead on her little Singer Featherweight, to finish with a little time to spare.
Here she is showing each side. She did Great!
And to the former student who took my pattern & started selling my purses labeled "Your-name's Originals", no, I'm not teaching your method of ending the cording, but I am addressing Copyrights & ASK the teacher if you want to sell her designs!!! (Ok, so maybe I'm not as over it as I'd like to be. I'm still trying.)

5 comments:

Emmy said...

what a beautiful bags can you tel me howe to make this bag I love to make one

Deb Hardman said...

Dear Emmy, You'll have to come take the class, or invite me there to teach, or wait until I get my pattern published! Or buy one from me.Sorry.

Denise said...

I got your atc today!!! It's great! Thanks so much! Your atc went out into the mail, I hope you like it!
Cheers, Denise

My Brain on Quilts said...

Gosh I love it when teens sew and make things instead of talking on cell phones and checking out blogs. . . wait a minute, except ours.

And never ask a teacher if you can sell her designs. Design your own work!

Deb Hardman said...

That's why I say ASK! I had a student take my design & make a bunch & I found her selling them.