Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Winter Saturday

Here's a quick post about what I did yesterday.
This little quilt top was made by Bonnie Walker, a member of our quilt guild, ALCQ . She donated it, & I took it home to finish for the Teddy Bear & Friends Tea that happens in November. We make little quilts to go with teddy bears or other stuffed animals, & they get donated to local organizations to be given out to kids in need for Christmas. I thought the flying geese top would be perfect for the little gray goose/ugly duckling that I had. So in just a few hours I had it quilted & bound. I have to say, I felt really rusty when I first started quilting on it. It's been a while since I'd quilted anything larger than my Journal quilts!

Broccoli was setting in our bedroom, bird watching again. The bird feeder is on the upper level above this window, so the birds frequently spend time on the ground here, by this window. When we start our landscaping, I want to put a little water feature outside this window. Moon rise was beautiful last night. The photo is a little blurred, but it gives you an idea of how pretty it was.


2 comments:

Jules said...

You live in such a beautiful spot. I miss snow. However, I never lived anywhere you would think of as getting lots of snow. But I would like it every once in a while down here.

Granny Fran said...

That is such a beautiful, serene moonscape. We haven't had snow yet this year, missed out on the Colorado Blizzard of 2006, just got wind and rain.