Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm Having Another Grandbaby!

Here they are the new parents to be, on their wedding day nearly 2 years ago. Brandon & Laura.
He is my firstborn son, & now he's going to be a daddy in July. Guess I better get busy with my quilting, because another grandchild means more quilts to be quilted! This will be the first on Laura's side! 2nd for us.
To answer questions about my previous post, Michelle wanted to know how I made the pin. It was just hot glue actually. My friend Jackie had a tiny hot glue gun & these neat glittery glues that I wanted to try. I figured if I didn't like how it turned out I could just peel it apart, but it seems to hold pretty well, & I'm not sure I could peel it apart unless I warm it up with a heat gun or something. I think if I understood the other question correctly, the answer is the Teddy bear's coat is made from a crocheted from a chenille yarn.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Deb, congratulations! It was just last Thanksgiving I learned my second grandchild was expected in July. On July 11 I got a fine grandson--the first male born in my line in 99 years. Needless to say, I'm besotted. Best thoughts for all concerned--including grandma! Now...what pattern to use?

Rian said...

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you ALL.

Ali Honey said...

That's lovely news for you and certainly an incentive to get making quilts and other lovely baby things.

jenclair said...

What a beautiful wedding photo. Congratulations on the prospective grandchild. Our second grandchild, like Jane Ann's, arrived in July. We seem to be timing them well, July is a good month for babies!

Emmy said...

Congratulations It is so very wonderful to have grandchildren

Terri Stegmiller said...

How exciting. Congrats!

BMT said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting for your families!!!

His Office, My Studio said...

Congratulations too you and your family!

Melodie said...

It's too bad they're so far away.

Françoise said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Jules said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby. Very exciting!

KC Quilter said...

Oh, you lucky lucky duck!!!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oh congratulations! Apparently I have to wait years to be a grandmother.

Jen said...

Exciting news! You will have so much fun making the baby
quilt(s)...Jen

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

Happy WIP Wednesday!

Congratulations on your upcoming grandchild. How very exciting!

laura west kong said...

Congratulations and have fun making baby quilts!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news! Congratulations. And look at that wedding dress - beautiful!