Friday, November 03, 2006

Winter Day in Alaska

You know winter is really here in Alaska when the bird feeder can go back up. We HAVE to take them down in spring time because of the bears.
My Brocolli cat loves bird watching.


It was such a pretty day yesterday. I spent most of the day near the fire watching tv & just vegetating. I found the Beta button last night & switched to Beta. It does seem to be easier, & I don't seem to have lost anything by switching. I had saved my template just in case, but when I logged on this morning, it looked the same on the surface, & loading pictures was much faster.
This last image is a set of 7 antique copper stamps thatI got from Ebay. There were 2 sets that I wanted, but somebody else wanted them too, & after I bid high enough to get this one, I decided I didn't want to spend that kind of money to get both sets.


11 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Oh, Mr Broccoli gave me a good chuckle. Thanks!

Love the snowy trees!

DebbyMc said...

Oh! The pictures are beautiful! And I love your kitty! He is a verrrrry good bird watcher! Perfect quilter's weather...

Emmy said...

OOOO winter wonderland
it is beautyful but very cold I think

jenclair said...

The scenery is breathtaking! Love the way Brocolli cat is bird watching, an artistic cat with an appreciation for beauty, no doubt. :)

allie aller said...

All that fresh snow is so lovely. Don't you just want to do a white threadplay scene in a little landscape?

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures! You and your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers for strenth and healing. Jen

Micki said...

Beautiful scenery and love Broccoli cat (even though I'm a dog person). Those look like great stamps.

Rian said...

Gorgeous photos! Ooooh, and icicles, too! I bet you really love winter.

How's Em doing?

Ali Honey said...

White on white with just a hint of blue. Spectacular!

jackie said...

It looks pretty but so cold. We had our first frost in Hampshire, England this week and until then lots of flowers were still in bloom. You are brave to go to beta,I have spent so long setting the blog up that I am afraid to lose it all.

Anonymous said...

These winter scenes are fantastic!! Wow, to look out your window to see such a sight..... Here, it is Spring weather and such a contrast.
Dianne