Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I got Mail, & WIP Wed.

I got lucky with the mail today. This really cute wrist pincusion & postquard came today from Jen. I really love them, thanks Jen. Broccoli was really interested in the pin cushion. He sat in my lap sniffing it intently for serveral minutes, I think he must smell Max on it!

The next package was a beautiful glass bead from Sarah Hornik in Televiv. I found Sarah through the blogs, & went to Ebay to buy this. It will inspire a beautiful purse some day.

I woke up early this morning. It was about 445, & I couldn't fall back to sleep. I started thinking about the mess in my studio, & wanted to get some work done, but just can't until I get it organized again. I messed it up on Saturday before my lecture at the museum. I started looking at my yarns which were overflowing 3 baskets, so I sat for at least 2 hours roling yarns into balls, until they all fit into 1 basket.



Then I put all of my metallic threads into a basket that used to hold rubber stamps. I put all the stamps into the map case, so now they're all in one area. So with all this reorganizing, then going out to dinner with Warren, I didn't get very far on my next little project...

but I started by cutting out some whacky cup shapes from some Angelina Fibers, ready to be featured on my next small works, for the Art Meme.

& as for WIP (works in progress) I have a stack of them..... here are the ones under the table, & then there's the ones that I want to do for Christmas, which of course I CAN'T show, so sorry for being a WIP DUD! But th..th..that's all folks!!!!


11 comments:

Melodie said...

That bead is very cool! Does she make them? I'll have to check out her blog. I don't know how you accomplish all that you do!! It wears me out just reading and watching!!
(I wish I had my studio to mess up!)

Terri Stegmiller said...

Cool stuff! That pincushion looks good enough to wear as a bracelet. The bead is absolutely beautiful. And isn't it so much fun to organize your space. LOL

allie aller said...

Sometimes oganizing is just the thing to satisfy...
The purse for that bead will be amazing!

Rian said...

Gorgeous bead! I love the little wrist pincusions, very cute! Sometimes organizing and clearing out gets your creative juices flowing. That's what the Fung Shui masters say.

Digitalgran said...

I'm sure when you next go to your workroom you will be full of inspiration with such a clear space I love Jen's pincushion on your wrist.

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

Happy WIP Wednesday!

The bead is amazing! Your one lucky duck to receive so many neat things in the mail!

Anonymous said...

Wow, is it Christmas, already? It always makes me happy to get anything in the mail not bill related.

Hey, thanks for stopping by the blog! It's great meeting you!

jenclair said...

I answered your email, but of course, wasn't aware of this post due to the shameful behavior of Bloglines! Glad you liked them, Deb!

Anonymous said...

That bead is amazing! I have lost track of your blog the last week or so because for some reason bloglines is not telling me when you've updated:(

Granny Fran said...

What a lovely glass bead. I'm sure going to check out her blog.

Shelina said...

I got the same package from Jen. I really must get to making my memes.