Saturday, November 11, 2006

What I've Been Doing With my Weekend

This 1st photo is the collage pin I made on Thursday at my Calendar Girls meeting.. The little Miss Teddy has had a bath & I crocheted a coat for her, as she was getting cold with nothing but a hat to wear. Now she's ready for next Thursday, & the Teddy Bear Tea, where she'll get sent to a local charity, to be given away for Christmas. I've enjoyed having her here.

I was up early this morning, to pack up & get ready for my TrunkShow/Lecture at the Museum.My studio is a mess now.
I did a pared down version of my trunk show, & a short demo on threadplay & fabric beads.
This was during a break, before my lecture for the Weavers & Spinners Guild. I think that all of us that are addicted to fibers of all kinds, must also be afflicted with ADHD. These people were knitting, or weaving, or tatting, or something... throught their whole business meeting. I'm the same way. I can't focus without keeping my hands occupied with needle & thread or beads or something.

This gal, Sally Schoenberg was making this amazing bobbin lace.
Those are straight pins that the fine thread is being woven around. It blew me away.
My lecture went well. I got lots of laughs, & lots of"thanks for being inspiring". They were a very nice bunch of people.
Warren & I went to the movies this evening. We saw "Stranger Than Fiction". I've never been a Will Ferrell fan. Most of the time his movies are a little too whacky for my taste, but this one he was more the straight man. It was a low key, sweet & funny (not hilarious) movie. Just a nice
film. I really liked it.
We saw the "Santa Clause #3" last night. That was cute too. Better than the 2nd Santa Clause. So if you loved Santa #1, you'll like this one too.

10 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Just love your teddy with the new crochet coat! My MIL used to buy teddies from the dollar stores or discount stores, then bring them home and crochet or sew adorable outfits for them to sell at her retirement home's bazaar. They were always the best sellers!!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Looks like you've been busy. I think your craft space looks like mine, a tad used. Thanks for the movie review, I'm not a Will Ferrel fan either, but thought maybe this one would be different.

Barbara C said...

Your pin is beautiful. I love copper.

jenclair said...

Looks like a packed weekend! I really like the pin, and your Calendar Girls meeting sounds inspirational. Glad your lecture went well!

DebbyMc said...

LOVE your pin! And Ms. Bear's coat is so sweet and cozy looking...what did you use it?

Anonymous said...

Your bear is so gorgeous - I am sure it will be loved wherever it goes!! What a pin - it's wonderful.

Rian said...

Teddy is one very stylish bear!

OMG that lace is incredible!

allie aller said...

I loved seeing that picture of your studio!!!
Great and varied work as always...

Granny Fran said...

Someone is going to be so happy with Miss Teddy and her apparel.

Isn't that bobbin lace just unbelievable? She has much more patience than I do. Needlepoint is slow enough for me.

Debra Dixon said...

You crocheted the bear's jacket?

Love the pin too!

Congrats on the new grandbaby!!