Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gifts in the Mail

gifts 003
The first picture is something I’ve been wanting to play with for ages, & I finally ordered it for the next Fiberactions Blog Challenge. The word this time is “Transformation”. That’s all I’m going to say about it for now.
gifts 001
This next package came from Judy Grant. She has such a pretty blog, & I was lucky enough to win one of her prizes from her Blog-anniversary!  Some day Judy & I are going to get together to play! She lives just a few miles from my brother’s home in Michigan, & we have at least one friend in common from nursing that we know of.  There are likely more.
gifts 002
The 3rd package was a book I ordered so long ago that I had forgotten about it! I had ordered it directly from Gloria Hansen herself, & she had emailed me right away to let me know she was out of town & would send it out when she returned in a few weeks, which was just fine with me. I want to really read & study this book, this winter, after I finish my next certification class in Advanced Cardiac Life Support. This will be my winter treat!
I have made it past the illness already. I had called in sick for today, when I was feeling so bad yesterday, & I am glad I did. Last night, around 1230 a.m., my DH flushed the toilet, & we lost all water pressure. We’ve been having issues with the water ever since the guys were doing the rock-work on the house, & they left the hose running for 2 days, until our well virtually ran dry. It is a slow recovery well, & usually isn’t a problem for our general needs, but leaving the water run the way they did, got dirt & air  into the water lines. Last night seemed to be the climax. All water stopped upstairs. After running around, disconnecting the faucets, flushing the lines & reconnecting, we got a clump of dirt out, & the water pressure came back, better than it’s been in months. Problem solved by 130 a.m.! I was  glad I didn’t have to get up for work this morning.
My appetite was back by 1 this afternoon. Darn it!

7 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Glad you're better...food poisoning is no fun!

Wow..is that an air brush set up??? If so , I am supremely jealous! I have been wanting to try that for years. If you never have, you should take a look at Jessica Schick's work..it's fabulous!

And you'll love Gloria's book...chock full of wonderful information!

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, so many adventures and nice things to look forward to....the book looks lovely and I had no idea what the first photo was but if it is air brush-cool beans! Glad your water problem was fixable-no fun!

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I have Gloria's book too but have yet to dive into it.

My son is still in Afghanistan but has a plane ticket to Anchorage in December for a week. He's going to "try out the dark week" and is very excited to visit the city where he'd like to go to the University.

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like fun stuff. Good toys. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

I'm glad your feeling better and your water problem is fixed. What a nice mail delivery, I have no idea what the first picture is.

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, it's always nice when you start feeling better after being sick. Glad to hear you got your water problem fixed and that it didn't take too long to fix.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb.

Glad you are feeling better.

I have NO clue what the first gift is that you got in the mail. I look forward to hearing about it.

I was just wondering the last couple of days if your pressie had arrived and today I discovered it had. I see you have the acorns snuggle in the wee basket already.

Hugs Judy