Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Frog Quilt Finished

 

frogs 004

I finished the frogs today. Simple bubble stipple background & when I finished all the background, I took it off the longarm, & outlined each frog on my Bernina using Monofilament.  It’s not something I use very often, but I thought it was appropriate for this scenario. Jawan had wanted me to secure the frogs & her hand stitches with the machine, but I didn’t want to detract from her hand work, so I made it invisible!

frogs 005 frogs 006

6 comments:

Ali Honey said...

That's lovely and the frogs are very cute!

Helen said...

what a clever idea! I do like that background stitch for them too. We've had our first snows yesterday, though I doubt it will hang around properly yet. How about you? Have you had fall colours, and any snow?

Delighted Hands said...

You did a great job-excellent choice of background for the froggies! Beautiful!

Deborah Levy said...

Too cute!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Your quilting is perfect for the frogs. Is it a baby quilt?

Melodie said...

Kami loves the frogs and assumed it is for the baby!
I called Grma Taylor yesterday and asked if she could baby sit on Fri. (I have an appt) She said sure and Kami came out of my sewing room with voice raised......"I NOT a baby, I a TODDLER!!" Grma said she toddler sits too!