Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another quilt for Shirley Fraser

SFdone 005 

Dr Shirley Fraser is my most prolific customer so far. I’ve taken a long time to get this quilt finished, but it is large, & I’ve finally conquered my stitch regulator! I’d tried using it before, & could never get the momentum of it right, but I think I’ve finally got it.

You will have to click on the pictures & see the larger versions to really see my quilting, & it definitely stands out better on the back than the front.

 SFdone 006 SFdone 009 SFdone 011

On the outer edge I used this large curved ruler, that I bought from Carol Olson.  I used it to draw the curve on paper first, then bumped the hopping foot up against it as I sewed. It worked well so long as I was in front or on either side, but when I wanted to position behind the foot I had a problem with the peg handles getting in the way, but overall I really like them.

SFdone 014 SFdone 002

5 comments:

Micki said...

Wow, Deb your quilting looks fantastic on this.

Helen said...

wow indeed! I see what you mean about the seeing better with the back... what beautiful work.

(p.s. thanks for the lovely email xx)

Delighted Hands said...

You sure got it right for this one-just beautiful! No wonder she is your most prolific customer-she knows a great partnership when she sees one!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

There's no other word for the quilting but WOW! Now she has a beautiful reverseable quilt.

Melodie said...

I want to know how to piece that quilt. I don't see any easy way to do it without having to make 90 degree turns.