Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Got Quilt, Need Dolls!!& a nice sunset

 

Shirley Fraser quilt 001This is the kind of sunset we are having most every evening. I snapped this as we were heading down our hillside road yesterday.

We had meeting for the Alaska Fiber Festival last night. Below is a preview of a wearable art piece that will be in the show in March. It came from an artist in Ketchikan. Sorry I didn’t get the name. There was an interesting Raven head-piece with it.

My job in the AFF is to get some dolls for the show, & if the doll makers would like to sell them they can. Entry fee is $20.00 per doll plus shipping to (& from the show , if they don’t sell).  There is a $250.00 viewer’s choice award that will be given to the doll with the most votes. If a doll sells the AFF retains 20% of the sale price ( not a bad commission considering most venues here take 50 to 60% now!)

  If any of you would like to come to Anchorage for the festivities the downtown Sheraton is renting rooms for AFF attendees at $79.00/ night for a nice room with 2 queen beds. Classes are going to be in the Sheraton. Quilt Walk will be Fri. March 5th. Classes are all the next week. There is a fashion show, which will have pieces included from Fantasia. The Fiber Show will be the next weekend,  March 13 & 14 at the Conoco-Phillips ATRIUM downtown at 7th & G St.

Shirley Fraser quilt 002

OK, enough plugging, here’s what I’ve been busy at this week.

Shirley Fraser quilt 009

I finished Shirley Fraser’s quilt. I started by quilting all of the strip-pieced areas with black thread, &  stitching in the ditch around every triangle, & black sashing strips. Then I did the feathers in the center with yellow. Next I did pink flowers in all the triangles touching the center. Followed by purple circles (I was thinking nickels, dimes & quarters for those). The Next row I did stars, Then the 3 triangles in each corner I did sort of a feathery leaf hybrid. In other words I just had fun!

Shirley Fraser quilt 010

Shirley Fraser quilt 008

Click on any image for a bigger picture.

 Shirley Fraser quilt 011

4 comments:

Françoise said...

Very nice sunset pic! Your quilting looks rather complex (and nice!). How long did it take?

Delighted Hands said...

Enjoy the Festival-love what you are doing with this quilt-the quilting with colors is a neat accent I wouldn't have thought of!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Fiber Festival sounds like it's going to great(as always), wish I was attending. Your quilting designs really finishes that quilt. Love your feathers!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

The threads are so pretty,lovely quilting.