Sunday, November 22, 2009

ABCs of Embellishment Class

texmagic 010  Today I taught my ABC’s of Embellishment again. One product I showed was “Texture Magic” . Last night I did a few experiments with it. First, below show a simple grid quilted piece from the back side. The white material is the Texture Magic. It feels like a slippery light-weight fabric similar to what my tent is made out of.

texmagic 002 

I tried a second, free-motion quilted design too.Both designs, I did one with batting between the fabric & TM, & one without batting.

texmagic 001

Then you apply steam, without touching it with your iron.

texmagic 005

LOTS of steam! Superior threads sells a special steamer for this. I don’t think a standard iron has enough steam.

 texmagic 004

Below is the original before it’s steamed on the left. In the middle is the grid-quilted design with the batting after steam. The far right is grid quilted without batting after steam. You can click on the pictures to see better.

texmagic 008

The next picture is the free-motion design with circles & squiggles.

Same order: far left-before steam; middle with batting; right no batting.

texmagic 009

We did a little more painting, adding Lumiere paints to the mix. Painted dryer sheets, fabric, Lutradur, & Tyvek.

texmagic 001

We embossed directly on fabric, we did some foiling, & played with Angelina sheets, & fibers.

texmagic 002

Natalie had fun with her fabric.

texmagic 003

8 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

looks like a fun class...all my favorite things!

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Wish you weren't so far away! Great class. Don't want you to give up any secrets, but is your embossing done with powders and heat? Cool!

Delighted Hands said...

Thanks for sharing some highlights of your class-looks exciting as always!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb.

Your class looked great. Never seen the Texture Magic before. I loved your start on your CQ. I am working on one for Moi too.

NO snow here yet can you believe and it is almost Thanksgiving.. I am NOT complaining. Hugs Judy

Rian said...

Cool stuff! I wish I was there!

Sandy said...

That sounds like a great class. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Hi Deb, thanks for the note. I sent an e-mail, so look for my address, ahfiberarts@bellsouth.net in case it went to your junk e-mail box.

Guzzisue said...

maybe we need to have a motorcycle trip up to your neck of the woods hehe somehow think that will never happen so will carry on following any hints and tips with interest.