Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Better Day

Today I managed to bake bread without setting anything on fire!
Thanks for all the concerned comments. All is well. My kitchen is possibly a shade grayer than it used to be, & I still smell an odd odor (though Warren says it smells fine…of course that was about the time the bread came out of the oven).
breadcrzyq 001
While the bread was rising, I sat by the fire (in the wood stove this time), & did a little hand work on the next crazy quilt. It’s some of the same fabrics as the last one I did that was donated. This one is for us. No time limits, no deadlines, just relaxing hand work when I can.
breadcrzyq 002
 breadcrzyq 003 breadcrzyq 004
I even listened to a little Christmas music on TV today. Trying to get into the mood.

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Mmmmmmmm, I can smell the fresh bread-glad it went better today! The quilt snippets look elegant. (I refuse to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving!)

Rian said...

Yes, those loaves do look a little more appetizing.

I can't wait to see this crazy quilt develop. I love the fabrics and textures of the other pieces. This is sure to be a gorgeous quilt.

Nancy said...

Wow, Deb! Just saw your last post and I'm glad that's all the further the fire got! Your newest loaves look much more appetizing! :>)) Hope to see you sometime before I head south!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Your embellishments are beautiful, and what a clever idea with the feather. How big are you planning on making it.
How awful you "bread baking" day, I miss your cranberry bread.