Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Feather Sampler, & a little Halloween

First I want to mention that the Alliance for American Quilts, has it's fundraising quilt auction going on right now on Ebay. The quilt in my header will be part of the auction next week. The 2nd group is on right now, so you should check them out!


I have just finished this Feather Sampler for a class I will be teaching starting in January.  I did a traupunto layer under the feathers to make them stand out more. The second layer of batting is black, to give a little shadow effect to the background. If I were to do it over, I would use a cheaper grade of white fabric, so that the shadow would be more pronounced.

Here are a couple of closer photos. I love doing feathers.
On Halloween we went to a show downtown Anchorage. It was call "Macaberet".
It was an interesting evening of silly strip-tease and some fun music. Our friend Will showed up dressed in his Spartacus outfit.

Our friends Lilly, Pete, John & Mindy, & ourselves just dressed relaxed, & had a good time.

9 comments:

Cate Rose said...

You are quite the quilter, Deb! Fantastic work!

Your Fiberactions sister, Connie

Rian said...

Yaknow, you have always amazed me, but you are even more amazing.

Love the play on words: Macabaret. I bet it was dishy!

Quilts on Bastings said...

What a fabulous sampler - I particularly like the narrow, spaced out feathers - they are quite different.

Delighted Hands said...

What a great sampler-you can see why feathers have been a quilter's choice for centuries; great job on the quilting!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb. Your feather sampler is very beautiful. Hugs Judy

Elaine Adair said...

Wow girl - STUNNING feathers and trapunto work!

Stephanie said...

As always great job Deb!

Micki said...

Great sampler, Deb. You do such fantastic quilting.

Quilt Rat said...

WOW! Holy cow! That feather quilt is incredible! I am really looking forward to following your Fibreactions journey.