Thursday, February 22, 2007

Getting Flakey!

I decided I need to get myself going on the Irish Dance dress for Christy, so today I cut snowflakes. I decided I'd work on the dress for 2 of my 4 days this weekend then one of my other projects for the other 2 days. Tomorrow I think I'll stitch these on to the blue background fabric.
We're having below zero weather this week. The days are getting noticably longer. Sunsets have been beautiful, & the stars are bright at night. I missed Fur Rondy completely this year. I guess we're turning into old fuddy-duddies. No desire to freeze out there at the carnival, & wasn't even aware of the fireworks.
I got a note from Jim West, Ricky Tims introduced me to him last September when they were here on the Quilting Cruise. Jim was interested in organizing a quilter's cruise in Hawaii with Alaskan teachers being featured (myself being one of them). He wants to know if I think anyone would be interested in cruising in Feb. 2008. I of course like the idea of teaching on a cruise, but fear that it'll conflict with our Alaska Fiber Festival which happens just a month later. I asked him if he might consider making it 2009, so that Alaskan quilters wouldn't be forced to choose between which they want to spend their money on. I haven't heard beck yet, but what do you out there think? Anyone interested in a Feb. cruise in Hawaii with us?
Can anyone tell me why I can't add links like I used to? I get a big blank box when I hit the link button.

12 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

How exciting to be asked to teach on a cruise like that. I wish I coud go! Your snowflakes are gorgeous.

Debra Dixon said...

I want to take a cruise but not necessarily with a bunch of women!

Melodie said...

I love the snowflakes! She is going to be the standout of the show!

And I'd love to do the cruise with you! Let me go pack!

allie aller said...

Beautiful snowflakes, Deb...they reflect your beautiful home state.

Jim seems like a terrific guy...hope your cruise with him works out!

Rian said...

A cruise to Hawaii sounds good. No ports-o-call along the way. I like the at-sea days best.

Robin said...

I'm not quite understanding about the cruise... would it be just for people in Alaska? I agree that it's not a good idea to schedule two big draw/expensive events too close together. The snowflakes are lovely... they made me feel better about our current freezing temps.

Lei Lei said...

How long of a cruise is it Aunt Bee? My mom really would like to go I'm sure(she's serious) and she certainly deserves it. I would need to put in for vacation for it to watch the girls. My new vacation time starts in Nov. so I've got awhile. Let me know. love ya!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Love those snowflakes, Deb! I'd love to come on a cruise to Alaska but I'm a bit far away.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

What will you be teaching on your cruise? I took a week long class from Ricki Tims at Indiana University last year. It was great. At first I didn't like the thought of not making something, but, I think I learned so much more, not having made something. Soaked it all in. Teach felting? I'd like to learn that

Shelina said...

Those are pretty snowflakes. I like them shiny. What a great honor to be a featured teacher on a cruise!

Anonymous said...

Those are so incredible!

And I'm with Debra...I wouldn't want to go in a group because I'm content to sit my butt on the beach the entire time.

laura west kong said...

Wonderful snowflakes!!! Sounds like a great cruise!