Saturday, February 03, 2007

Playing with Felt on my new Janome Xpression

My sister called me from Michigan today. We chated for hours. She has free long distance on her cell phone.I was playing with my new toy while talking to her. Thank goodness for the head set for my phone. I was just doing mindless experimentation with wool rovings. I started a log cabin block, & made a heart, &
a star block. I did start the swirl in the center of the star by "spinning" the orange roving just with my fingers, & rolling it between my hand like a clay worm, then used my hand-felting needle to punch it lightly into place, before running it through Jan. Very simple. Fun play.


6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Neat! Yay for multi-tasking.

FYI - the inner passage cruise is one that I want to do too, but we are getting out feet wet on the Caribbean. :o)

Anonymous said...

You've sure got this new toy mastered! Really nice pieces.

Rian said...

Girl, you are just knockin' my socks off here. How's your sister doin?

Anonymous said...

Terrific pieces Deb!

jenclair said...

You are having too much fun!

Micki said...

Well looks like you are having some fun.