Friday, February 02, 2007

New Toy, It's Not a Sewing Machine

Here she is, I'll call her Jan. She lives here with her sisters Bernina , & Bernina & Bernina. Yes I am a Bernina (1260) girl. I own 3 of them because I love that particular model so much. The new machine is an Embellisher & felting machine. She doesn't sew.
See? It has 5 barbed needles that just punch the heck out of what ever you want.

These are rovings. The white is some sort of long silky wool & the tan is camel. My friend Kathy Jolman sent them. The reds, greens & other colors are ones I've bought over the past couple of months.
Here is a green sweatshirt, that I cut up the front, & removed the ribbed neck, cuffs & bottom.
I used some green wool rovings & this wool yarn with my new toy, & trimmed the sweat shirt.
I'll be doing more on it, but I wanted to show you how it's going so far.


It was fun & fast. I'll add more tomorrow. My mind is so full of possibilities for this machine. I'll keep you posted on all my playing with it!

10 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

That is really neat! I did not know such machines existed. Another thing I will have to try some day.

Deb Geyer said...

How neat! Let's see, do I have room for another machine...

Sassenach said...

I can't find the darn thing for sale online! Where did you get it?

jenclair said...

Oh, yes, this looks like fun!

Rian said...

This is pretty cool! Once I saw some felted hats that were all swirly colors from yarn and darnit if those hats still don't call to me. It is fun to watch this new milieu happen for you.

Michelle Auer said...

I'm still not entirely sure how it works, but it is cool!

Kim said...

I'm resisting the "toy" for now but it has been tempting. Looking forward to your creations.

Barbara C said...

That is so cool. I didn't know there was a machine specifically for needle felting. Your altered sweatshirt is a beauty.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I've got that capability on my brother 1500, but, have never used it. You make it look interesting, and something, I've got to try. I still need to use up my fabric, though, and as soon as I do, I might try the felting. Where do you get the roving?

Helen said...

yay this is going great and a lovely choice of wools