Thursday, February 01, 2007

Roberta Horton & a New Toy!

I believe penguins have evolved in the shape & form that they are because of the ice & snow that they live on. Here is my DH doing his penguin walk. It was 54 degrees when we left the house today. The air was balmy! Do you have any idea how slippery snow gets when it's 54 degrees?
We stopped at Kinleys, a new seafood place & had a late lunch/early supper. Food was great. We will go here again!
I thought the ice dam on their roof was impressive, look at theirs! Our roof has stopped leaking, & most of the snow is gone from the roof.

Roberta Horton is here. Tonight I went to her lecture. The quilt in this picture was her rendition of the Palau De Musica!
Gee, seems like I was just talking about that place! Apparently she was in Barcelona the same time I was.
Here is George Taylor in one of his own hand made shirts, with Delberta Trevithick, & Roberta Horton, looking at Roberta's quilts. George & Roberta have been long time friends. He's hosting her here. They've traveled together along with Roberta's sister Mary Maschuta. They always meet in Houston together too.

I got a new toy today too! Warren & I went out shopping,after picking up our tax papers.We were looking at desks & recliner chairs for our bedroom. We ordered both. I need the chair for when I recover from shoulder surgery, which I plan to schedule for late in May.
We went to the sewing machine store just to check out the Embellisher, I had checked for them on line & saw that my local Rhiel Sew-n-Vac carried them. They had been carrying the Baby Lock Embellishers, but found they liked the Janome Xpression, & they are 1/4 the price.
I was trhilled to see I could afford it & bought it on the spot. I've decided I have to clean my studio before I will allow myself to get it out & play with it....Soooo...tomorrow I'm cleaning!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new toy purchase! You'll have a lot of fun with it. I look forward to seeing what you create with it!

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Lucky you! It is wonderful that you got to meet Roberta Horton. Congratulations on your new toy!

Melodie said...

I can't wait to have to clean my sewing room!!!
I hope my back is back in shape by then. I'm having allot of pain in my lower back when the arthritis is heavy. When the pain meds wear off it goes into spasam. How interesting! I've cut back to 1/2 a vicodin so I can stay awake. That's working pretty good......throw in a couple of ibuprophen. Got the port out yesterday and a pocket of fluid drained. See Dr. Michelle next week for a follow-up on the broken back. Miss you!

Rian said...

Woweee! What fun, a new sewing machine!

Debra and I met Roberta and George at Houston last year. He was a riot. She was kinda snobby. I didn't know who she was so was not impressed by her importance. I remember George saying he lived in Alaska.

What's this surgery you are going to have?

Michelle Auer said...

What does this one do that th eother machines don't do?

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how bringing one new thing into the house makes you want to straigten everything else? My mother and I used to joke that a new ashtray (now THAT's a dated reference) could make us clean the entire house, top to bottom!

You're going to have a ball with your new machine. I'm a Bernina girl, but Janome makes a great anything!

Micki said...

I was going to get one for Christmas, but held off. I have had a couple of opportunities since to buy one but still have not. If you give it a good workout and a thumbs up, maybe when the taxes are done I will go ahead and get it. :-)

Jen said...

I would love to have been able to see that show.
I will be interested in hearing what you think of your new toy, and in seeing what you can do with it. I have a Janome, and I do like them. Jen

jenclair said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this new toy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Michigan!....It's a blizzard here today and your brother is down for the count. Made it home from work yesterday, but the flu/cold took hold and he's been sleeping all day. I'm just curling up by the fireplace catching up.