Saturday, February 10, 2007

Thursday Calendar Girls & Lampwork Class

I was off work this Thursday, & had a Calendar Girls meeting. We went out for lunch & just chatted, & did a little show & tell,
this was Jackie's challenge quilt from our group challenge using the putple fabric.

Mostly we just laughed a lot.


Thursday evening was the Lampwork basic bead making class that I've been looking forward to, at Half Mook Creek, with my friends Mindy & her daughter Hope.

It was all set up & ready to go when we got there.
Alise Strause the instructor was really good. I hadn't realized it, but I'd bought 2 Lampwork beads last year in June, & they were made by her. Here she is making a stringer. She made everything look so easy!

& here I am in my intense concentration pose, chewing my lip, working hard.
Hope seems to be a natural at this.Here are the results of my labors. Not the greatest beads ever, but it was fun!




I'm afraid I'm hooked on one more hobby.

As far as the felting maching is concerned, I will be happy to explain some more, & will try to answer Helen Suzanne's tag from the last post too, but I have to go to work this morning & wake up screaming children after their dental surgery, among about 15 other cases today. It's going to be a very busy Saturday! Makes me almost wish I were having surgery myself, just so I could sleep through it! If I get to stay home tomorrow maybe I can get to it all then!

8 comments:

jackie said...

wow,you are lucky to have such a great new toy, and to have lovely friends to laugh with.

Debra Dixon said...

I can see how making beads could be quite fun!

Kay said...

Those beads look good to me! I've always put beads in the category of too dangerous for klutzy people to do, but they're beautiful, and you make it look like fun.

Rian said...

I disagree--I think those are the best-looking beads I ever saw! Fun to look at the pics of how it was done, and the Calendar Girls look like they're having a blast! Love those faces full of laughter.

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy that looks like loads of fun! I just love glass beads (well, glass of any kind) and making your own is too cool!

allie aller said...

That is such a CUTE picture of you, concentrating away.
I've heard that that flame can be very addictive...and your beads are just great! Nice going, newbie..;-)

Granny Fran said...

Well, I certainly admire those beads! Great photos.

Helen said...

wow and double wow! I've got a realy yearning to do some lampwork beads too. Fantastic you got to do such a good class.