Thursday, April 06, 2006

White Morning




This morning I woke up to a fresh white world again. Old Man Winter is trying to hang on for dear life. The roads are mucky & cars are dirty, & Spring break-up is in full swing. This is the time of year I should go on vacation. The photos are my front driveway, & my Mama's boy, Broccoli cat, who wanted my attention when I was trying to check e-mails.

Woo Hoo! I'm wearing my black jeans again! Less than a week back on Weight Watchers, & my pants fit again! Hallelujah!! I gained a few pounds during the Fiber Festival. My skinny friend Kathy, who came to visit said, "one week on my diet & you'll lose weight". Well, one week on her diet, & I couldn't button my jeans anymore. Not all diets are equal, & So-Beach is not for me.
I went to quilt guild today, showed my journal pages, & ATCs from Larkin Van Horn & Kathy Jolman. They had the best looking snacks (cream puffs & a dreamy looking cake that a new gal Irynia made). I passed as it's only my 1st week on WW & didn't want to blow all my points on a snack.

Down to the Studio to work on Dori's quilt. She is my client! I've just started taking on clients & Dori is my 1st one, & this is the 2nd quilt that I'm doing for her. #1 is here. I'll post this one when I get done quilting it. I'll work on the Barn next.

1 comment:

Rian said...

Congrats on your success so far! I have been on South Beach for a while now, it works for me, but lately with my house woes I haven't been thinking about diets. Next winter I'll come visit you and then you can come stay with me during slush season. I wonder if that river...the Tanana? has broken yet. We saw the tripod thing. They take lottery bets on when the river will break up.