Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fun Saturday


















Today we're having our friends the Meyns over. Mindy & John have 3 great girls. Lindsey, the oldest is graduating from UAJ this spring, & she sent her graduation announcement, a self portrait, which I think is wonderful. The whole family is very creative. Mindy does stained glass & fused glass. John is a carpenter. All 3 girls love to create things, & have been my quilting buddies since they were big enough to reach the pedal (in Hope's case I put it on a stack of thick books & started her out on my little Singer Featherweight, she was 4). We will be having Curried Halibut with spinach & coconut rice (a favorite dish from a Weight watcher cook book), & our favorite Pear salad. My mouth is watering thinking about it..
I made the "Bee Creative" Quard for Lindsey, she won't be here today, she's still in Juneau, but I wanted to play on something small before I start dinner, so this is what I did.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the card, and the food sound/looks wonderful!! :)

Ali Honey said...

Do you put walnuts in your pear salad? They go very well together.It all looks yummy!Cheers Alison.

mindy said...

Great blog Deb. Ali...if she put walnuts in her pear salad she'd be up on murder 1 charges...hubby is allergic to walnuts! But the pecans she uses are a great substitute...however tonight it was fresh strawberries and poppyseeds...also very yummy. And I can tell you there werent many leftovers from this incredible dinner. Deb is my favorite cook as well as my favorite many things....and I'm rather fond of her hubby as well.

allie aller said...

That Bee Creative card is utterly charming...and it exemplifies its own message too...really great!

Dale Anne Potter said...

Ok Deb - LOVE all your new work but you HAVE TO give us your pear salad recipe........its not fair to tease us with that gorgeous looking picture!!!

Felicity Grace said...

I love that little bee card! I can see him flying around like the free motion quilting lines!