Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Progress on Baby stuff

Today I worked on this pink terry cloth bath towel & a couple of little wash cloths for my new , soon to be born grand daughter. My son called this evening & said Laura was having some contractions, so she may deliver a little early.
I also worked on a bag I'm making for her, it's kind of a large purse, or medium-small diaper bag. The following are close ups of the quilting. It's pieced from left-over scraps, from the rag quilt I made for the baby, & I also made a smaller quilt, to carry in the bag, & use as a pad to lay her on for changing diapers. I got my tension right this time! Click on the pictures to see better.

Below is the front flap, I just quilted the fabric design on the green & blue pieces.



8 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

That is going to be a wonderful diaper bag -- much more interesting than the generic one I carried around...

Françoise said...

This is lovely.
How exciting to have a new grand daughter pretty soon!

Vicki W said...

Really cool gifts!

Rian said...

That bag is gonna be the envy of all moms! Even some not-so-moms.

Barbara said...

What wonderful gifts!!

Michelle Auer said...

Are you mailing stuff to the island or to MD? I bought some baby stuff that is in the 0-3 month range and I don't want to send it to the wrong place, but I also don't want to give them too much to carry back with them to the island.

Dianne said...

That's the best looking nappy bag that I've seen!!

jenclair said...

Love the bag...what wonderful quilting!