Monday, July 16, 2007

New Purse

I made a much needed new purse for myself. My old one is in tatters from long use & abuse. It is reversible, & I've put clear pockets under the flap, so when I travel I can just flip up the flap, to show my ID.
It's all the microfiber fabric that is easy to clean, & feels like suede. It was a little challenging to free motion quilt, because the fabric doesn't want to slide very well.
The reverse side is a dark espresso brown color.
I couldn't find a strap that went with both sides, so I painted one to match. The fringe was fun to make. I bent an old wire hanger to wrap it with the yarns, then stitched a line on my machine, cut the bottom end of the fringe, & cut the wire to slide the top off. Worked like a charm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great shape and I like that idea of the clear pockets in the flap - very clever.

Carol said...

It's beautiful and so very useful. I love the colours and textures, great job.

Vicki W said...

Great bag and a realy clever design!

Debra Dixon said...

Neat purse! I love that coat hanger trick for trims--I've used it for years. Then, you can really make personal fringes.

Anonymous said...

Tutorial please. Love the design, the colors, the fringe, love it!

Rian said...

That is beautiful! And aren't you the clever one with the flip-up flap and all. Most excellent.

Micki said...

Great purse. Nice what you did with the flap. Your fringe looks wonderful.

Michelle said...

I love it! So cute and practical!