Monday, July 02, 2007

Neck Purse for Cynthia England

This is what I made today. It's a little neck purse, hangs like a necklace, is big enough for a credit card, drivers licence, & little cell phone, or for needle, thread, thimble & wax, etc. You get the idea. Cynthia England is coming here to teach in September, & I'm the official gift maker for my guild.

I used a bit of the soy wax batik fabric that I made last week, & layered some of the silk chiffon that I painted over the batik, then quilted it. I like how the silk softens the colors.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great little gift that is. Nice color too.

allie aller said...

This is lovely!
I sure would love to study with her...I've admired her work for years.

Dianne said...

Beautiful colours - what a lovely gift!!

Emmy said...

yes a great gift I love the color

Micki said...

Very nice, Deb. Love the colors.

Judy Rys said...

What a wonderful welcome this gift will make.
FYI: Most swimmers are klutzy on land. My daughter walks like a duck, but don't tell her I said so! LOL