Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Red Ruby Wine & A Yam Surprise

Sounds a bit like a food post, doesn't it? Nope just some silliness. Here I thought I didn't have any house plants, & look what I found in my cupboard! I love the leaves on it. They look like dragon's wing to me.
I've finished quilting the "Red Ruby Wine" quilt. That's what I've decided to name it. I wish I would've done less circles, & put straight lines around the water lily motifs, but I enjoyed this quilt so much I may try it again in a different color & size. Here it is, pinned to a blocking screen. It's still quite wet.

Here are a couple of detail shots.
Well I proved to myself I can do small detail circles & Sliver metallic thread on my Longarm Lily!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you haven't thrown Norbert away yet....or eaten him.

Ruby Red Wine is a great name for that quilt and its beautiful.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Those are very lovely leaves on that yam. How funny! Love the quilting on that quilt.

Vicki W said...

Your quilting is lovely and the quilt name is perfect!

Melodie said...

Ruby is a beauty as is Norbert! (Cute name Mindy......glad you don't have boys!)

Nancy said...

Wow Deb! You're getting to be an expert on Lily! You're quilting looks wonderful!

Paula, the quilter said...

You've saved yourself some money by sprouting your own! Garden centers sell those for big $$$. I'd say plant it and enjoy the leaves.

BLP said...

Yeah I threw one in the flower bed in my back yard and it is growing like crazy. Of course we don't have moose in our yard grazing. Just coconut crabs, rats, and the occasional feral cat.

Elaine Adair said...

The quilting is very impressive - good job, but the yam is a nice reminder that I don't have to visit Walmart to have a nice houseplant! mmm, seems the color is similar on both the fabric and the plant. ??

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

Nice quilt - love the quilting,

jenclair said...

Norbert makes me laugh, but Ruby Red Wine makes me covet. Beautiful quilting!

allie aller said...

You are getting so fluent with that Lily!

Guzzisue said...

you are getting so good on the longarm, love the quilting. I suspect that I have some potato related to your yam :-)

Micki said...

Great quilting, Deb. You are getting really good on Lily.

Deb Geyer said...

Lovely Deb!!

You and Lily are quite a team.