Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I hope you all had a nice Father's Day. I started the day by calling my Dad. It's always good to talk to him, & I had the bonus of talking to my big sister Vicki, because she was there visiting him at the time. I'm looking forward to seeing them in September.
I spent most of the afternoon & evening down in the studio working with Lily. I was really having some fun. I used tons of thread. Heavily "painted" the tree with thread. I tightened the top tension to pull up the bobbin thread & make little pokies when I did circles in the tree for more texture.
The mountain is covered with 4 different colors of thread to mimic the black spruce we have here. Sulky Holoshimmer in the water, the color of the Kenai Lake.
Are beginning to get the picture?
I couched white wool yarn down with Madeira Metallic to give texture to the Cow-parsnip.
I made it to the border, & am having some fun with feathers. I wanted them to be a little different, yet subtle, so I used a matching thread in a Rayon. I am so happy with Lily, she takes every thread I throw at her now & runs beautifully with it.

3 comments:

sophie said...

I'm sure your dad enjoyed the call as much as you (and your sis.)

Your piece is really beautiful. I love the threadwork and the differentfeathers.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Your threadwork piece looks so much fun. I'm happy how well Lily is doing with all your threads. I love your feather idea also. I'm finally back home and catching up the business and my garden.

SandyQuilts said...

Love the tree and everything else.