Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Birthday

These flowers arrived from myDD Michelle & family yesterday evening.
Broccoli had to check them out.
This morning we got up & had our coffee, setting in the chairs in the bedroom , & I got to open my birthday gifts. Warren wrapped them in brown paper wrapper, my favorite wrapper, next to fabric. Broc liked it too.
Warren gave me a beautiful 6 qt. copper pot to go with the other copper pans he has given me. Also a red 14 cup coffee pot for the kitchen. We'll put the old pot down in his bar.
Ilene & Stu sent me a Gorilla Pod! I was so excited to get this. It's a little tripod for my camera. It's small & portable, & the legs will grab on to almost anything! I love it! Thanks Ilene & Stu! I got to talk toboth Ilene & my sister Em today on the phone.

We went to the Double Muskey in Girdwood for dinner. Mindy & John came with us. I love all the fun stuff on the walls & ceilings. I especially love the fused glass fish.

Speaking of fused glass, Mindy made a Bunch for me. I'm going to have to make something special out of these.

Dinner was delicious as always. Warren had a crab stuffed halibut, John had prime rib.
Mindy had Cornish game hen with some sort of mustard crust, & I had my usual blackened salmon. The salmon isn't even on the menu any more, but if you ask, the chef will make it, & it's my favorite.
The fluffy chocolate mousse cake for dessert was yummy too.
My package from Kathy came in the mail today too. She made this card with her wool hand dyed from daffodils. Needle felted fiddle-head ferns & a ladybug.
The DVD "In Search of Lost Colour", a story of natural dyes, which is something Kathy & I used to do together when we lived near each other. The quilt on my bed here, was from our natural dying. Broc was curious about everything.
He went a bit bonkers for the indigo dyed wool.
Do you think he could still smell the sheep?
I finished up another comfort quilt today. It's about twin size, & I did it in under 3 hours. Mostly just as allover stipple. I loaded another quilt on Lily & got it about 1/2 done before we went to dinner. I'm getting faster (now if I could be both faster & better!)
All in all it was a great day!

10 comments:

Guzzisue said...

Happy Birthday :)

My Little Family: said...

OMG I LOVE the Double Musky! I even have a copy of the recipe book they published. I lived in Anchorage area a couple years, then Aniak for a couple, and then Kodiak for 11. i was a quilt guild member in Kodiak's Bear Paw Quilters. Am going to have to bookmark your blog because I'm always interested in Alaska quilting.

Haooy birthday! Vickie

Melodie said...

I like the comfort quilt! It's a little off beat (probably why I like it!) But it fits together.
Broc is a hoot.....what a fun guy!
We enjoyed your birthday at the river. Jeanne is moving real slow and has borrowed one of our walkers. The leg is making her feel unstable. I imagine it could lose bone any time too!

Barbara C said...

Happy birthday! It looks like you had a great celebration.

allie aller said...

And many more happy birthdays like this one...that is my wish for you!

Kay said...

Happy Birthday to you. Sounds like a good one.

I've been thinking about that Gorilla tripod thing. I hope you'll post about how well it works.

CarmiƱa said...

Hello,Happy Birthday to you ♪♫♪♪♫

roxanestoner said...

Happy Birthday Deb. Sounds like you had quite a nice day. So good to be loved.

Elaine Adair said...

What a lovely Happy Birthday you had. I almost thought I was there with you -- thanks for all the photos, and the FOOD!!! Yummmmyyyy

Happy Birthday. 8-)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday :)