Sunday, April 01, 2007

Thinking Spring Green

Friday we took Broccoli for his check up at the Vet. He's fine. After we took him back home we went shopping. I stopped at Michael's & bought the Hot fix iron for the crystals. I also got 4 boxes of crystals.
We also went to Costco, & I found a comfortable chair to put in my sewing room.

In the mail, I got 2 ATC's. This one was from Janine in France,
& this from Micki. I love the textures & both being green, inspired me with thoughts of spring green,
so that's what I used, to make this postquard for a trade with Terri.
& a birthday quard for Hope.
We went & had dinner with the Meyn family to celebrate Hope's birthday.She was very excited over her card.
The other thing we did this weekend, is we went to the movies last night. We did another double feature, & saw both 'Meet The Robinsons', & 'The Last Mimzy'. Both movies were a lot of fun. Really good clean fun, happy, family flicks. I loved both enough to want to have copies for my movie collection.

11 comments:

Rian said...

So do you think the crystal iron is essential? I want to put crystals on my Hoffman Challenge piece but I opted to not buy the hot-fix iron. Now I'm second-guessing myself.

Love the chair. And the ATCs of course.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the crystals. The card you've made for me looks wonderful, can't wait to see it in person. BTW, your's is getting mailed today.

Purple Missus said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the crystals either. I never realised before that you could 'hot fix' them!
Love the cards, the ones you received and the ones you made. Especially like the one for Terri with the dragon fly. Very nice touch.

allie aller said...

Lovely lilypads...what a neat postcard!

jenclair said...

Great postcards - yours and theirs. Glad to hear the good reviews; I really want to see The Last Mimzy.

Linda Fleming said...

A new toy! What fun! I look forward to seeing what you create with it. Love the gorgeous card you made, and your gifts are lovely, too.

Any hint of spring around your area yet?
Peace-
Linda
PS_ love those little purses in the previous entry!

Micki said...

I am glad you liked the ATC. Your postquard is lovely. Wonder what you are going to do with all those crystals.

Michelle Auer said...

Oooo.. crystals! Hooray! I love crystals. I once threatened to buy a bedazzler and bedazzle everything! :-) Right now I am all about google eyes. teehee....

FARBTUPFER said...

I´ve just discovered your blog. Your work is fantastic!
Greetings from Germany
Waltraud

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Love your postcards. In Paducah, a couple of years ago the winning quilts all had the crystals. The add another beautiful visual texture to a quilt.

laura west kong said...

The cards are adorable! I love my crystal wand. I don't think you'll be sorry.