Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Lucky Day

Even though the path from my back door to our cars is a mucky run of muddy slippery clay & dirty water, I felt happy today, because I didn't have to go to work. I took an extra call night last night in exchange for today off. I had to work until almost midnight, but didn't get called back in, so I felt LUCKY!
So today Warren took me to the Glacier Brewhouse for our favorite Shrimp & smoked salmon Ceasar Salad. We figured we should go there, because we probably won't go again until September. During tourist season we avoid downtown restaurants. The wait can be an hour or 2, in summer time. I promised my quilt guild that I'd make a gift for Kathy Delaney. She'll be teaching here in Anchorage this month. I made one of my neck purses for her. I used velvet for the outside, & wool inside.

I wasn't happy with my postquard for Jeri, especially in the photo on my previous post, so I painted a little more gold on the surface to enhance the quilting designs. I also added some crystals, but they don't show very well in the photo.

14 comments:

Sue said...

The purse is lovely! The weather doesn't look so good. We're having colder than normal weather here in MI, I'm dreaming of warm winds and sunshine....

Anonymous said...

The purse is really lovely!

FARBTUPFER said...

What a nice purse!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Fabulous purse.

allie aller said...

The purse is a winner!
And I just love the picture of your muddy driveway. It speaks volumes...

laura west kong said...

Your purses are always exquisite, and the card is cute too!

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Your guild is lucky to have you in it. Great gift.

Micki said...

Lovely purse.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Sounds like a good day well spent!

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

I love the quilting on the purse! It is really gorgeous!

jackie said...

Thats is one of the pleasures you do miss once you stop full time work, just indulging in a day off. I really shouldn't complain. The meal sounds wonderful.

Barbara said...

gorgeous purse!! i love the colour!!

Dianne said...

Gorgeous purse - love the velvet. The card is great!!!!

KC Quilter said...

Love the purse! Kathy Delaney is from my neck of the woods! She spoke at my guild last year and does beautiful hand applique!