When I ran out of steam on Sunday, after spring cleaning & rearranging all Friday & Saturday, I took a little break & played for a little while in the studio. Above is a postcard for Jeri.
These next 2 are a postcard for my boss who had surgery on Saturday, & below, one of the volunteers that works in our family waiting room had surgery for cancer. The yellow flowers on both of these was an experiment with a fiber that looked like a non-woven stabilizer, that was wrapped around a bouquet of flowers that my boss got last week. She was about to throw it in the trash when I saw it, & asked if I could take it.
On both of these I cut strips of the fabric, then cut them into wonky rough squares, stacked them 5 deep & stitched the centers down. Above they were about 1 1/2 inches square, & below a hair shy of about 1/2 inch. After stitching I cut a few clips for "petals", then hit them with my heat gun until they shriveled into a semblence of a flower. The bottom 'quilt' is 4 inches square. I layered a few strips of left over fabric on a card, then stitched the little quilt on it. I was quite pleased with how these turned out. they really were fun.