Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Last Reverse-A-Purse Class

Today I did my last Reverse-A-Purse class. It was a great group of ladies, I had a good time with them. This is Margarite, above, she & Ann, below in the blue t-shirt with khaki pants, are both OR nurses, where I work. Below here, is Natalie, one of my repeat students. She has now taken every class I have offered. I told her I'll have to think up something new just for her & a couple other gals who have now taken all my classes. They will force me to STRETCH!
Emelia brought her niece Anna, a very sweet couple of ladies. Anna has never sewn on a sewing machine, but came to observe, & will go home & learn on Aunt Emelia's machine. Emelia is a very precise & meticulous seamstress. I'm sure Anna will have a great time learning from her.
This in Ann, my other OR nurse. She was the overachiever today, & got finished in record time! Her purse turned out lovely. She layered a pretty sheer fabric over a print, for a little different look.
My friend Debbie here, is one of my Alaska Fiber Festival Board pals. She boldly goes where others fear to tread! She used a soft, stretchy fleece on one side, then embelished by hand (oooh, hand work! Something I only do when a machine isn't available!) It was looking great before she left. I can't wait to see the finished product. It will be rich & luscious I'm sure!
We had the added bonus of having a special trunk show, hung in our room today. It was Hot! Hot! Hot! A group of small quilts from Darwin, down under! Are any from you bloggers out there? They were spectaculat little pieces of ART! There was one poor soul in the store, when they first arrived, & we opened the suitcase, who said, "Oh! Are they placemats?" I cringed, & said, "Oh please don't call them that, they are ART!" I will post the shots I got on my Fiber Festival Web Page. I didn't take a great number, because my battery was running low, & my camera was about to die.

6 comments:

Michelle Auer said...

Your next class you should make "sonic quilts" for real! This is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time: http://www.sonicfabric.com

Debra Dixon said...

I hope this means you are moving in a new direction with something you will enjoy like the quilted purses. Stretching the brain cells is a good thing!

Rian said...

Placemats~ ouch! Can't wait to see what you come up with next...

Rian said...

I checked out your Fiber Festival Web Page and have one question for you: When do you sleep?

Deb Hardman said...

When do I sleep? When I take Benedryl!

Sandra said...

Your blog and wildlife photos sure are making me want to get out somewhere away from civilization! I love the more wild areas but seldom get to see them these days. All my vacations growing up were camping trips in state and national parks.