Sunday, September 26, 2010

Termination Dust 2010

 

tdust 002

Those white spots in the picture are not on the lens. Yes it’s snow. Termination Dust. So, yes Rian, it’s Fall already! At this northern latitude winter moves in quickly.  The snow didn’t last long, for which I am grateful.  I am afraid the ice melting wires that need to be hooked back up on the roof, & the electrical wires that I have been tripping over outside the back door still won’t get buried before it snows again. We are waiting for our favorite electrician/contractor to come finish the job. I fear another winter will crawl by with me worrying over the snow load & possible leaks in the roof.

tdust 004

This was the accumulation on the driveway. Tomorrow we could wake up to real snow.

tdust 005

At least the stone work was finished before the snow.

tdust 006

I got all of the autumn quilts up for the next couple of months, before I change over to the winter decor.

tdust 008

I am trying to move ahead on Shirley Fraser’s latest quilt, but still feel the need to study for PALS too.  Gosh I wish I didn’t have to take these classes!

001 002

6 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Like Rian, I have trouble thinking it's "Fall" when it cranked up to 106, and our unheated pool is at 90. I'll enjoy your winter over the 'net, thank you for sharing your world! I DO love the pictures.

Françoise said...

Beautiful pictures! Here it's definitely autumn now. We turned the central heating on yesterday night.

Emma said...

As I also live in a northerly area (Germany, and I live more north than the Canadian/American border) I know what you mean about fall/winter being here. We haven't had any termination dust (love that name!) yet, but it's been in the 30s at night for the last two weeks or so!

Delighted Hands said...

The Autumn deocorations look lovely-but not with the snow-already?!! The new quilt you are doing is great to keep you full of summery colors!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb.

WOW, Termination Dust already. I am glad it melted too for you all. My sweetie is an electrician and if you all was next door he would help you out now that he is retired. VBG Your Autumn decorations are lovely. Your home stone work is great looking. Our Autumn leaves are just starting around lower Michigan.

What kind of PAL classes are you taking???

My Sweetie has finally finished the total renovation of my sewing room. 3 1/2 months of Handmade with Love. After My giveaway I will be posting some pics of my lovely new creative room.

Hugs Judy

Stephanie said...

Deb if it makes you feel any better mom is waiting on him too. Your house looks great, I love the stone work and all the fall quilts.