Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sunshine & Hearts quilt done

We have been blessed with some beautiful days this week. It has been warm & sunny. I think we may have green leaves in the next day or 2, which is really early for us. We don't usually turn green until mid-May.
Today my youngest son Corey came over to visit & have an early dinner with us. He's getting ready to go back up to Nome for the summer. We spent some time out on the deck enjoying the weather,
& his girl Tasha, & her 8year-old daughter Lakota (visiting from the bush) came & tried out the hot tub. The girls had a great time.
I just finished this customer quilt today. It's another of Margery Waggood's. It was a lot of fun to quilt. I enjoyed the whimsical pattern & happy colors.
Business has picked up enough, that I think I will be only signing up for 1 day a week at the hospital, because they want me every time I put down that I'm available, & now I feel like I may be getting behind in the quilting, with 3 more customer quilts hanging in my closet, & 5 more to be picked up. I'm not complaining! I'm happy!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

what a wonderful heartquilt....beautiful colours...kisses Barbara

Deb Geyer said...

Nice quilt!

I'm glad to hear business is going good. It's much better than a "real job," isn't it?!

Helen said...

so glad the quilting has picked up :D

Delighted Hands said...

Good for you; with results like this, no wonder you have a backlist! Beautiful work!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

The hot tub looks great, wish I was in it.....next summer! What do you mean "visiting from the bush"?

quiltmom anna said...

HI Deb
Lovely heart quilt- I love this Buggy Barn pattern- I have had it on my list for a long time now- Other quilts keep getting in my way.
I have enjoyed reading some of your earlier posts- your art quilts are really beautiful. I hope the long arm business continues to grow- your workmanship is terrific- Thanks for sharing so many lovely pieces.
Regards
Anna

Margaret said...

While everyone else was looking at your quilting (which is outstanding as usual), I was thrilled to see the snowless ground around your deck. I hope Anchorage's warm weather continues longer. See you soon back in Anchorage.