Friday, April 10, 2009

Here are the pin & earrings that I was making. I wore these to Doriola's, a little artsy restaurant here in Anchorage.
Our Calendar Girls group met there for lunch. That's me back in the corner, center. Left to right is Rena Brinker, Mary Lee, Carol Wight Jones (former cover quit from Quilters Newsletter), Me, Jackie Carley, Betty Bivens, & Mary Gerkin. They are a FUN group.
The food was excellent too.
This is an collage that I put together in my last ABC's of Embellishment class. I am making it into another Book Cozy. It will be one of the things that will be for sale in the show I am getting ready for in July.
Here are some details. I did a combination of free motion machine work, & hand embroidery
I used Angelina sheets & Fibers both. Plus hand painted fabrics, & tulle.
I had a lot of fun with this piece.

I also rust dyed this fabric to use for a base in my "About Time". I think it will be "The Ravages of Time".
The other thing I did this week, is a customer quilt, for a group of women in Aviation. One of my students, Kate Bebee pieced it all together. It will be a raffle quilt for their group. Proceeds will pay for a scholarship to their conference for someone who needs it.
Here are a few details.
I have to say that this was the easiest quilt that I've done on Lily so far. It seemed like everything went smoothly (for a change).

1 comment:

Ati said...

Very interesting things on your blog. I really like that book cosy :)