Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mountain Views

I went to my Quilt Guild meeting today, & picked up my friend Kate to go with me. After I dropped her off at home this was my view of Mt Redoubt, our active volcano, as I was coming down the hill. I checked on a map today & realized that Kate is just 1/2 mile away from me as the crow flies. It's a little over a mile by road. We're going to have to explore & see if we can find a path that connect our houses.
This evening I went out to take a few pictures around the neighborhood, & my neighbor Carol was doing a chalk drawing on her driveway. She said she likes to do them all summer when the weather permits.


This was our sunset this evening over the Alaska Range.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow she is really talented!

Love the picture of Redoubt, mom and I were going to go take a picture of it last weekend got to the pass and it was white out conditions so we turned around and came home.

Kay said...

What beautiful Alaska views, Deb. Thanks.

Vicki W said...

Ohhhh, great photos! How nice to have a neighbor that will draw new art for you all summer.

Françoise said...

Nice pictures! The volcano is very impressive.

Delighted Hands said...

Thanks for sharing!!!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb. I loved seeing Mt. Reboubt. Of course the Alaskan views are all spectacular. Your friend is a wonderful artist. I am sure many admire her work all summer. Take care Hugs Judy

jenclair said...

Beautiful views! And I love Carol's art...I've always loved the street artists that create such lovely, but impermanent art.

KC Quilter said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

Very pretty mountain photos, and lovely chalk art. I like your new header for the blog.