Saturday, May 02, 2009

Feels Like Summer Here

We've been having glorious spring weather. This morning I hiked down the hill & back up for a little exercise. Yesterday I hiked through the woods to my friend Kate's house.
I studied the aerial view of the woods between her house & mine on Google Earth. I was able to put in her address then actually see both our houses from the satellite pictures, & figure what path to follow through the woods to get to her house. I did invite a neighbor dog to hike with me, & called Kate from my cell phone when I got into the woods so she could help direct me. It took less than 15 minutes to find her house.
We enjoyed some sun 0n her porch.
My neighbor Carol has changed her driveway chalk art again.
Yesterday evening I switched all my winter clothes out for my summer wear. The winter stuff has gone into the under-the-bed bags.

6 comments:

roxanestoner said...

The only fear I have is that it is going to be the only summer we will have, just for a week... like last year. I am still going to enjoy every minute of it.

Stephanie said...

Yeah it has been really nice here hasn't it.

Deb Geyer said...

I love looking at GoogleEarth too. It gives such a different perspective!

Delighted Hands said...

It is so pretty to see your Spring-thanks. Yes, I am always studying things on GoogleEarth-I can get lost looking at maps!

Sandra said...

So, is the dog a help or a hindrance with the bears and the moose? Glad you're having nice weather. Michigan's getting some nice spring days again now too.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Having bitter cold winters really makes you appreciate spring and summer. You hate to miss a moment of it by staying in the house.