Friday, January 30, 2009

Crazy For my Camera

I got my camera back this week. It's so nice to have it again. Now if I could just figure out where I put my 2GB card for it! Grrr...
It's working beautifully, & they cleaned it up nicely. Back to "Factory spec." I snapped a few pictures of the crazy quilt. I actually haven't worked on it much this past week. I am re-reading the "Twilight" series, & can't get my nose out of them any better than the first time I read them!
I've added buttons & beads, & some funky yarns, & different stitches.
Here's a little better picture of the eyeglass cabochon.

I love stones too, so I put this agate on with some old lace under it.
Here I used a bit of artificial Abalone for the center of a flower.
This design was quilted on first, then embellished with beads & yarn.
We had a reprieve in the weather for a while, but today we got a good foot of snow in the yard again. It feels like winter is starting all over.

11 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

The art work on your quilt is stunning! I can sympathize on the winterish weather......it is the 20 cold cycle here, too, but we can't compare to what you are experiencing! Nice to have you and your pictures back!

Melodie said...

Fabulous!!

jenclair said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love the way you embellish!

Barbara C said...

The buttons and other large pieces of embellishment are beautiful additions. Lovely!

Michelle Auer said...

Very pretty! I love all of the details!

roxanestoner said...

It is fun to see your garden grow.

allie aller said...

It does my heart good to see you working in this idiom!
And I am loving the quilt....

Stephanie said...

wow it looks great, Glad you got your camera back. Mom has tried reading twilight and she says she can't get into, yet she refuses to give me back the book. Can you explain that to me?

Dawn said...

What beautiful embellishments and camera work! I'm a nut for crazy quilts and beading and all kinds of fabric art.

Dawn
Subversive Stitchers: Women Armed with Needles blog

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Your piece is beautiful, I love all your ideas, especially the agate and eyeglass.

Digitalgran said...

I love your crazy quilt Deb. your camera seems to be in perfect working order now. You must have been lost without it.