Monday, August 28, 2006

Rusty ATCs & some Threadplay

I was on call this weekend. Yesterday I got called in for one case during the day, then thought I was lucky. Just as I was getting ready for bed, the phone rang, & I had to go in again. I ended up being there all night long. I got home & to bed at 5 a.m. I was supposed to go back at 730, but since I'd been up since 8 yesterday, I called in sick. Sick & tired more like it. I woke up at 1130, with a queezy stomach & a pounding headache. 3 cups of coffee & 400mg of Ibuprofen later, & several hours of setting on the couch, staring at design programs, I'm feeling human again.
Above are 3 ATCs, & 1 Postquard, that I finished yesterday. One of the ATCs
is going to Christiane K, in Germany, but the other 2 & the postquard are
available for trade. Each one is made with some of my rust dyed fabric, a
Shi-sha mirror, & thread painting. Some hand beading, & hand-dyed silk
Chenneille yarn.
The ATC below is one she already sent to me. I got it in Saturday's mail.
It's so cute. I love the fabric & fiber textures, & all the special details.

These are a couple of my Threadplay samples. I made the
purple flower as a demo, last week when teaching my
class. I intentionally made it's edges a little fuzzy.

5 comments:

Rian said...

Hope you're feeling better--get some rest! The quards are all great. You are amazing.

laura west kong said...

Hope you're all recovered now, or at least well on the way. My DD asked me yesterday when we were getting more ATCs. Would you like to make a trade with her?

smarcoux said...

those rust ones are soooo nice ... hmm ideas and darn I would like to trade you again LOL ..
Sandy

Beate Knappe said...

Your cards are wonderful! I'd love to trade with you and hope i'm not to late

Beate Knappe said...

Your cards are wonderful! I'd love to trade with you and hope i'm not to late