Friday, April 15, 2011

Bookmaking With Sue B & MQX

On Tuesday, Vicki  drove us up to Sue's house to play in Sue's new studio.

 Above left to right: Glenda (Vicki's mom), Sue Bleiweiss, Susan (what a sweet girl), Vicki Welch, Kathy S, & Kathleen Murphy.

Here is  my book made with the paper I had been doodling on.

The page on the left below was paper  from Sue's collection.
Tuesday evening was the Ice cream social at the MQX Show.

Wed, I had  2 classes. A lecture with Linda V Taylor, then a quilting class with Renae Haddadin, which was VERY FUN. Below left is Ruth S, & Right is Renae.
Ruth is such a kind lady.She lost a son in Afghanistan in 2001. She is an active member of Gold Star Moms.
She also has 100 Quilt of Valor quilt tops that need quilting. Volunteers can contact her at
The vendors opened after the awards were given  out. I blew my budget on thread & some rulers.

                         I was tickled to see a famliar quilt from home. Cindy Rainy's quilt from Kenai, Alaska.
This won Best of Show, a stunning beauty by Janet Stone. 





3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really like that book you made,very nice!

Delighted Hands said...

Inspiring and inspirational. Love your paper book! Glad you are enjoying yourself, too!

Anonymous said...

What a fun filled week you had!

It was a real pleasure to meet you and to create with you @ Sue's studio. Thanks again for my beautiful pin.