Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas is done

dec10 009
Christmas is finished for us, as of last night.  The quilt pictures here is the one I finished for my friend Kathy Jolman. She was happy with the finished product.
dec10 010
dec10 011
The Grosbeaks have been visiting our porch this past week.
dec10 015
Youngest son Corey & his girl Tasha came over for dinner .
dec10 017
This was our tree on Christmas Eve.  I took it down today.
dec10 022
Below are the scarf & little table topper that Kathy sent me for Christmas. The scarf is made from some of her sun died wool, done in a pickle jar with Cochineal & Osage Orange.
The table topper trees are from hand woven fabric that she got from Guatemala. They look so nice on the bench made by our friend John Meyn. We use this as our coffee table in front of our couch.
dec10 030
dec10 031
Kathy also wrapped the package in wool that she had pre-mordanted. I decided to take advantage of the wool & 2 pomegranates that were getting a bit dry, along with inspiration from Kathy…..
dec10 023
I sliced them up & laid them all over the wool.
dec10 025
Rolled it up as well as I could, & tied it up with some left over red raffia, from Christmas packages. I put it in the steamer, & let it steam for a full hour.
dec10 027
I put the whole bundle in a plastic bag & let it set by the wood stove for 2 days, then today unrolled it & washed it all out.
dec10 029 dec10 039
This is how it turned out,
dec10 043
& the end with the raffia, looked a bit like a red bamboo print.
dec10 044
Last night we did our ornament exchange with our friends the Meyn family. Warren got this cool ball made by Hope. She is always collecting bottle caps & turns them into all sorts of things.
dec10 033
I got these glass & stamp ornaments made by Mindy.
I can even wear them as necklaces.
dec10 034
Mindy also gave me these lovely hand blown glass balls that she made.
dec10 037
Christie ended up with this threadplay Amaryllis that I made.dec10 021
Warren took a photo of one of his Santa drawings, & had it reduced to a 2 inch photo, then put it in an ornament- frame. Unfortunately I forgot to get a picture of it.
sat 001
Today I did a quick project for Broccoli, & made a new catnip toy for him, which he made it very difficult to sew a straight line!  He wanted it NOW!
dec10 038

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Broc was very impatient for his new toy hahaha, I bet it was a pain trying to sew with him wanting it. Sounds like you had a great Christmas.

Delighted Hands said...

Looks like a nice exchange. I think it is very cool how you dyed with the pomegrantes! I hope Broc is enjoying his catnip toy, the pic is very cute!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Oh my gosh, the wall hanging is beautiful, the pictures don't do it justice. I love it, your the best! I also love your pomegranate dyed fabric, they really picked up the print, love the different colors you got. Can't wait to try it myself.
What a great bunch of creative ornaments, Mindy's glass are beautiful, as is your Amaryllis, too clever. I wish you would have gotten a picture of Warrens.

Michelle Auer said...

Broc trying to get the toy is funny! Merry Christmas! Did you get my VM? xoxo