Monday, November 08, 2010

SNOW, snow ,snow….

 

I got up this morning & turned on the coffee, then sat down in the living room & turned on the TV, waiting for the coffee to be ready. Hmmm, no TV picture, so I looked out the window.

The satellite dish was almost completely obstructed, maybe that has something to do with it. I drank my coffee & watched a program I had recorded on the DVR. Then got dressed up & took my camera & broom & cleared the branches from in front of the dish.  I did it mostly one handed, which was a bit awkward, but the left hand still hurts, & can’t grasp much. The right shoulder hitch is better today though, so that’s progress in the right direction!

Thanks for all who commented on my strange ailment. I think it’s going away inch by inch.

snow10 004 snow10 005

All we need are some Christmas lights, & we’ll be ready for our Christmas card picture.

snow10 007 snow10 009 snow10 010 snow10 012

The snow on the railing is about 14 inches deep.  What’s funny is the weather was predicted for,” a few snow flurries with now accumulation.” HA! I just hope it doesn’t turn warm & melt. I like a good safe layer of snow  for insulation!

9 comments:

vivian said...

It's beautiful-but I don't think this old girl could make it up there!!

Erin in MI said...

Can I come up and live with you?? I've been trying to talk DH into moving to Alaska for years, but he's not buying it...

Chris said...

Man send me some of that snow!!

Stephanie said...

I was surprised by the snow this morning when I woke up. When I went to bed it was just snowing lightly. glad to hear your doing a bit better

Delighted Hands said...

The pic of your house looks so pretty-glad the stonework is finished. Really glad you are feeling better!

The Calico Cat said...

Even the snow lover in me can admit that this is too much too early. (But it surely odes have that virginal lovely look.)

Melodie said...

The snow is lovely. We got up to snow one day & I was shocked! It's gone now and just cool.
Glad you're mending. Did you figure out what it might be?
There's a shower for Kim this weekend.....a diaper/formula shower! I got her a gift card from Walmart. She can buy her own as she needs it. Please come! (2 p.m.)!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

A picture of your home would be a beautiful Christmas card. The stone work looks wonderful.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hey Deb.

14 inches of snow WOW so soon. But hey it is November in Alaska right. Hope you arm is getting better. No snow here yet. Hugs Judy