Thursday, November 04, 2010

Snow day

cynq 005 cynq 006

I woke up with a headache this morning. Then I looked outside. I decided I wasn’t going to risk life & limb to drive down my steep hill & go to the Quilt guild meeting, so I drank my coffee & took my Advil & stayed home. It continues to snow, & until tomorrow morning when I have to go to work, I just don’t care.

 cynq 003

I worked on Cyndi’s quilt today. I’m quilting watery lines & bubbles for the background. I’m also adding sea creatures here & there for her. I’ve decided to change thread for the critters (just a shade darker, but subtle), so for placement of them, I am drawing them first on freezer paper, & ironing them in place. This way I can do all of the background quilting first, then come back with the 2nd thread color, & add the critters. I love Freezer Paper!

cynq 002

4 comments:

vivian said...

The snow is pretty! It's been a rainy day here in SC-good day to quilt!

Françoise said...

Nice quilting!
Stay warm and cosy today. I hope the roads will be ok by tomorrow.

Delighted Hands said...

No brainer-quilting trumps driving in snow every time!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

You have a beautiful view of the snow from your deck. The trees are beautiful.